3.06.2009

yep, it's that day


Photo courtesy of John Stennes

Today's my birthday, and although I don't spell my name with two Ls, I love this photograph. My previous boss from the Grand Forks Herald shot this last summer and kept it until today when he sent it to me. It's what we call a "pano" in Grand Forks. A pano runs packaged at the top of the front page of the newspaper every day. You start looking for panos everywhere and come up with some creative stuff. The community loves this spot because it's always a slice of life picture that would probably not have made it in the paper otherwise. Here's more about this pano, from John.
It was painted on a boxcar that I found in the railyard. I shot this way last summer and I've kept it on my desktop until today. Happy birthday.
**Update: Rumor has it that this photograph was actually published as the pano in today's Grand Forks Herald. Can any of you Nodakians confirm?

No comments: