3.24.2009

an issue of hair



My trip to Africa was great. No digestive issues or rashes to speak of. Of course, ugly human nature can rear its head, and it seems we can always find something to complain about. For me, it was my hair. Without an overhead shower, washing my thick head of hair became an issue. When I did wash it, using a cup and bucket, the hard water made it dirtier. I resorted to doing the "African thing" and getting braids. *Sound the trumpets* This was a golden moment. My hair stayed out of my face, and I didn't have to worry about washing it. The fun came last night when I removed the extensions and braids. The result was a little too reminiscent of Scary Spice.

6 comments:

Sairen said...

Haha! You look fabulous. :) Really love the braids - that is a terrific photo. Do you remember when I took my braids out there at your Santa Anna couple's home? I think I lost about that much in *real* hair!

Cara Marie said...

I love it!

colleenmcdevitt said...

gorgeous:)

Jules said...

You are so beautiful in braids. It shows your facial features and the red brought out the glow in your face.

Anonymous said...

Looked great to me...maybe that's just me. ;-)

katie said...

craziness! you do look good in them though...